I have seen this award floating around for some time and I feel very lucky and blessed to have been thought of by The Britchy One. It is always amazing when the blogging community recognizes others for their contributions back. So thank you very much to this lovely lady for thinking of me in her nominations and sharing my blog with their followers.
Bitchin’ in the Kitchen is the shared thoughts of a British born (now), American who brings witty insights with a side of bitchy on her life. Give her a follow, you won’t regret it at all.
In her nomination, I was asked 11 questions, here are my responses.
1. What’s the best advice anyone ever gave you? I could probably write an entire post on the best advice I have ever received but one that I have kept with me (literally on a card in my wallet for years) is “When One Door Closes Another Opens”. It has taught me to always look for opportunities even in the darkest times and that no matter what things will get better.
2. If you could describe yourself in three words what would they be? Weird, Creative, Optimist
3. What is your favorite animal? Sloth (not because I’m lazy but because they are so adorably cute) or blobfish (literal life goals).
4. Do you believe in the paranormal or have you had an experience you can’t explain? I grew up in a household of proclaimed paranormal experiences by my family members. I also had an imaginary friend as a child but I don’t really remember much about that time. My most prominent experience though would be while baking at my mom’s house (a very dated old house with a dirt basement in an old mining town), my mom decided to say Spirits if you are here give us a sign which was followed by the power going out in the entire house. Chalk it up to bad electricity or a paranormal experience, you decide. I, however, did not sleep the remainder of my time there.
5. What would be your last meal on earth? Easily cucumber sandwiches, roast beef, and Yorkshire pudding. Creme Brule for dessert.
6. If you were offered a trip into space by Richard Branson would you go? Why? If it was free, then absolutely. Ever since I was a kid, I loved looking up to space and wondering what was out there, having the opportunity to see it first hand would be absolutely spectacular. I also believe that looking back on the earth from outer space would put into perspective just how small we all are and how insignificant the problems are in the grand scheme of it all. It may actually help me practice what I preach (living your best life because who knows how it will end, or when).
7. What’s your favorite comfort food? Cucumber Sandwiches with Tomato Soup reminds me of being sick (or playing hooky) at my Grandma’s house as a kid. Also, Salt and Vinegar Chips are great as well (if you feel like crap may as well eat like crap).
8. I need a good book to take on a seven-hour plane journey – what do you recommend? I’ll give you a few: And Then There Were None – Agatha Christie (just finished it and it was amazing, great if you like suspense), B – Sarah Kay (my favorite poem of all time) and The Infographic History of The World (picture book and extremely informative, especially if you like random facts).
9. What’s your favourite soft drink? It’s a toss-up between Gingerale (Canada Dry only … sorry Schweppes), Diet Coke or Fresca. I am not a huge pop drinker though and never have any in the house.
10. The Patriots suck. I know that isn’t a question but it doesn’t need to be – I KNOW it’s true!! Being a Canadian I’ll add in Oilers Suck to this One, no opinion on this statement as I am not a massive fan of football but I can respect some good old fashioned team hate.
11. If you were a witch, what spell would you cast and on who? Easy, a job spell (?) not sure what to call it. But I would cast a spell on Ryan so that he could finally get a job in his field (geophysics is not a thriving industry at the moment). It is the one thing right now in my life that more than anything I wish I could change but have literally no control over. It frustrates me beyond words, especially seeing the impact it has on him.
- Bright Shadows
- Fashion Layn
- Harper + Lu
- OK with imperfect
- Kelsey Styron
- The Hip Nip
- The Lush Spot
- The Modern Ladylike
- The Pleb Life
- The Styled Life
- If you could give any advice to your younger self what would it be?
- What’s on your bucket list this year?
- When and where are you happiest?
- Who is your real life hero?
- What is the most interesting trend for 2018? And what is something that will never go out of fashion no matter how much time passes?
- What are you interested in that most people aren’t?
- Where would you most like to live?
- What is something you can’t live without?
- What do you consider to be your greatest achievement thus far?
- If someone narrated your life, who would you want the narrator to be?
- What is something that will restore our faith in Humanity?
Rules for Nominee’s
• Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
• Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
• Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
• List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo on your post/or on your blog.